Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travels

As an addendum to my last post about mornings, yesterday I left for work without my blackberry. I didn’t realize until I got to the office and immediately concluded that it would not be a big deal. As a matter of fact, I felt kind of calm…a calm that lasted about 20 minutes and then panic set in! I realized I could not survive the day without it so I was forced to drive home to pick it up – I didn’t even last an hour. How tied to this Blackberry am I?

Last night I decided that it might be a fun change to get up a bit earlier and watch the sun rise. I checked the weather network and found that sunrise was at 5:56am. I was awake at 5, looked out the window at the rain and howling wind and went back to bed…so much for changing mornings. Maybe I’ll focus on something else.

A few days ago, I was speaking with Janine – a business colleague and friend who travels extensively. I don’t see Janine often but when I do our conversation always tends towards who’s been where, who’s going where and “goal” destinations. We are clearly not in the same league though as Janine has been on 5 trips in the first 4 months of 2010 – halfway to her goal of 10 vacations for the year. To share and document the adventures she has created a blog called The Tipsy Gypsy (now added to my favorites). Reading it for the first time I loved the intro titled “My project for 2010…” where she speaks about people resolving to lose things from their lives while her goal is to add. It’s fun and worth a read.

On personal travel notes, we are off to London at the end of this week to do a bit of touring and attend IPEX – one of the largest graphic trade shows in the world. Having never been to London I have my requisite list of things not to be missed. Of course there are the normal tourist traps but I am most looking forward to simply walking around, soaking up the history and what I am expecting to describe as the “style” of it all. That and of course, finding a pub to watch some footy on Sunday with the locals. Dirty Dick’s has been recommended – I will dress in neutral colours and hope for the best!
Cheers and have a great day,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment