Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Bytes


A few weeks ago, I decided that it might be a good idea to get up early to watch the sunrise occasionally. Despite best intentions, I have yet to haul myself out of bed to actually do that but I am determined -maybe next week.

Sorry for the additional London picture. There were so many landmarks and iconic images to see, I could not resist showing one more – this one of the Tower Bridge. I understand that this bridge is often mistaken for the London Bridge. In fact London Bridge is not terribly interesting to look at.

While I was away Jessica Watson completed her historic sail. If you have been following this blog you will know that I have been fascinated by this journey. I am not sure specifically why but suppose it is a combination of the adventure, the solitude, and the freedom. On May 15th Jessica became the youngest person to sail solo, non stop and unassisted around the world. This is a link to a http://tinyurl.com/2exrsyx, sailing into Sydney harbour. Now I have to find something else of interest to follow. There is an American teen (Abby Sunderland) attempting to sail around the world but, since I just finished the one, this does not seem as interesting.

Today looks like another glorious day in Toronto and the weekend forecast is great. We have had a tremendous end to May and overall a great spring – lets hope this is a prelude to a great summer.

Technology fans are all abuzz today as the iPad goes on sale in Canada. As much as people have anticipated this latest gadget, I still don’t understand waiting in line for hours to get one. I think you will be able to pick one up in a couple of weeks without all the fuss. As an interesting side bar, I heard a news report yesterday that Apple Corp. is now worth more then Microsoft.

Cheers and enjoy a great weekend.
George

No comments:

Post a Comment